A vegan diet is one of the healthiest ways of eating, among others, because it is very rich in vitamins and minerals. Despite the common misconception, vegans, in general, are better supplied with nutrients than the general population.
Still, there are a few nutrients that are difficult to get on a vegan diet.
Some are hardly found in vegan foods, and others are more difficult to absorb from plant sources.
So, to help you reliably get all the vitamins and minerals you need, you’ll find an overview of the most important nutrients for vegans in this guide and learn everything you need to know to meet the need of these nutrients.
You are going to find this resource super helpful. All the information is summed up, so you can reference it anytime and find the answers to what you are looking for quickly.
- How much you need of each nutrient
- What plant sources of each nutrient are
- Practical tips to easily meet the need of each nutrient
- What common deficiency symptoms you should look out for
- If supplements are necessary and, if so, which ones are the most reliable
- How to measure if you get enough of a nutrient